Romance

 Hi there, Crafties

I don't know about you, but I don't consider myself to be a very romantic person. Of course, I love getting something nice from Hubby, but it doesn't have to be chocolates or flowers. Being a writer, I really appreciate a journal or notebook more.

But for all the romantics, here's a lovely little scarf. I know many people don't like long, flowing scarfs (my sis is one of them). You can make it as long as you like, but mine is short and sweet with only 20 motifs.

It is quick and easy to whip up over a weekend. The last minute accessory for that special date. I've used some thinnish leftover yarn (I have small balls without any labels), but I know you have just the right yarn sitting around waiting for something like this. Enjoy 😊


Romance scarf





How to crochet the Romance scarf

Ch5, join with ss for ring

Ch3 (1st dc), 3dc cluster in ring

Ch5, 3dc cluster  in ring

Ch5, 3dc cluster in ring

Ch5, 3dc in ring

Ch5, join with ss in 1st cluster


Sc in 1st space

Ch7, sc in same space

Ch3, sc in next space

Ch7, sc in same space

Ch3, sc in next space

Ch7, sc in same space

Ch3, sc in next space

Ch7, sc in same space

Ch3

Join with ss in 1st sc

Fasten off, weave in ends.

This is your first motif. Join motifs, using pics as guideline. Join to desired length. To save time (and nerves!) weave in ends after every join.


4dc's clusters in a 5ch ring, with 5ch between



Next round would be the 7ch, sc, 3ch, sc...


You're first motif would look like this...



Join motifs like this: in corner, sc, ch3, sc in next motif corner, 3ch, sc back to 1st motif, ch1, sc in 3ch space, ch1, ch3, sc for second corner, 3ch, sc... (The red yarn is to show where to join the motifs)


Border

You can use any border you like, but I've put up some pics if you want to use mine. It's pretty straightforward, just regular sc's and chains in the right places.


If using any, join contrasting yarn with a ss in any 7ch, sc, ch5, sc in same space. Ch 7, skip next space -refer to the green arrow- sc in next space. Ch5, sc in next...



Compare your chains and sc's with this pic.








In you're 1st corner, sc, ch3, sc, ch3, sc

                                           * Ch3, sc in 7ch space, ch3, 

                                            In next 5ch space, work sc, 3ch, sc, 3ch, sc ch ... Continue from* around. Join with ss, fasten off and weave in ends.



                                              My finished Romance scarf


I'll be around, hope to find you here too 🎈

frieda



Please respect the hard work I've put into my patterns. It may not be much, but it is still mine. Rather refer to poppelandcreates.blogspot.com if ask about your makes. You're welcome to use and sell items made from it.




Comments

  1. It looks lovely! I love motifs and always think of ways to use them in various projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Maya. It means a lot to me 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First hello